The tour begins with a relaxing and comfortable drive out of Rome and into the scenic rural region of Southern Tuscany
as we make our way to Chiusi
. We will pass by medieval hilltop villages, farmlands with faded ochre stone villas, vineyards, and pastoral hills crowned with distinctive cypress trees...the perfect Tuscan scenery to capture on your camera, so make sure you have yours handy!
Chiusi ranks among the most ancient Italian towns with roots in antiquity as a very powerful city state of the Etruscan Federation
, reaching the height of its greatness in the 7th and 6th centuries BC. Today, its unwavering splendor lies in serenity of its landscape, the poetic beauty of its terraced countryside of Val di Chiana
(Valley of Chiana
), and the unassuming lure of its ancient past.
Our stroll through Chiusi will lead us to its main square and the town’s 6th century Duomo of San Secondiano
, built over an existing basilica and above ancient Etruscan
remains, such as a 1st century BC Roman pool beneath the tower, and a warren of underground Etruscan passages from 6th to 5th centuries BC. The interior of the duomo is quite unique in its ornamentation. To save money on precious materials, early artists have mastered the techniques of faux art, therefore, the casual eye can easily be fooled when viewing the intricate marble panels and mosaic apse.
The Etruscan Museum of Chiusi
merits a visit for its priceless collection of some of the most important Etruscan artifacts in Italy.
A visit to Chiusi is not complete without a relaxed lunch at a local trattoria
for a true Tuscan culinary experience. A light lunch is recommended before going to the thermal spa.
From here we drive to the nearby city of health and wellness, Chianciano Terme
. Known since the ancient times of the Etruscans
for the healing properties of its thermal waters, Chianciano Terme now represents a number of excellent spa resorts in line with increasing demands for personal wellness.
is surrounded by the serene Terme Sensoriali
, and offers the ultimate in relaxation and well-being. You will spend 3 hours
indulging in traditional thermal treatments including baths, mud and mineral water treatments achieved through the principle of the Oriental philosophy of the five elements of the universe: ether, air, fire, water and earth. Whether you want to relax
, you will find an itinerary created by expert naturopaths that is most suitable for you.
From here we will make our way through the Tuscan countryside again as you sit back, relax, and enjoy the comfortable ride back to the Eternal City of Rome
where your professional driver will drop you off at the hotel.
Thank you for choosing Stefano Rome Tours
for your tours and shore excursions in Rome and beyond. We look forward to meeting you in Italy!
* The price of the tour includes your own private deluxe vehicle with an English speaking driver, VAT tax, fuel, insurance, parking, and applicable toll fees. It does not include entrance fees to the villas, lunch, gratuities, or other client personal expenses.
* The total price for the tour is per vehicle, not per individual. Guests sharing this tour may split the cost of the tour among themselves.
* Please note that fees for Terme Sensoriali are not included in the tour. The fee for Terme Sensoriali is 30 Euros per person, for a 3 hour duration in the spa.
Access into the spa requires only a bathing suit, which can also be purchased at the inside shop. Guests will be given an elegant bath kit: bath robe, towel, slippers, bathing cap, and thermal hygiene products. For more information on Terme Sensoriali and services they offer, you may visit their website: http://www.termesensoriali.it/home.en.html
* If you are pleased with the service of your driver, a minimum 10% gratuity is customary in Italy.
* Payment will be made in Euro funds at the end of your journey directly to your driver, or you may prepay in advance via PayPal. Please let us know when you book your tour if you wish to prepay and just enjoy yourself on the day of your tour.
* Please allow up to 24 hours for email inquiry replies and service confirmation.
* CANCELLATION POLICY:
Don’t worry, we do not ask for your credit card information, require advance payments, or penalize you for cancellations. We operate on the honor system, so we kindly ask that cancellations be made at least 7 days in advance so we can rebook your service and your reserved driver does not lose work for that day.
For more information please visit our FAQ Page