Spend an exciting day with Stefano Rome Tours visiting one of the most well preserved ancient Roman cities, Herculaneum, and climb the famous volcano that decimated it in 79 AD, Mount Vesuvius.
From Rome Hotel:
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel at 8:00 AM, and bring you back approximately 5:00 PM. You will enjoy a leisurely drive towards Naples and enjoy the sights of the Italian countryside around you.
From Naples Cruise Port:
Your driver will pick you up at the port near your ship at 8:00 AM and you will return to your ship at 5:00 PM.
Please look for the taxi/car service parking area that's the authorized meeting place by the port.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR PRICE LIST AND BOOKING OPTION
Herculaneum is rightfully considered better preserved that its bigger and more famous sister city, Pompeii. While roofs collapsed under the weight of volcanic ash in Pompeii, many remained intact in Herculaneum due to the super hot pyroclastic flow that instantly entombed and solidified the city from bottom up. As a result more frescoes and mosaics can be seen in these well preserved buildings. Here you can visit luxurious baths, the stunning Villa of Papyri that contained a library of scrolls, House of the Beautiful Courtyard, the impressive mosaics inside the House of Neputine and Amphitrite and more.
Since Herculaneum draws less visitors that its more famous sibling due to traffic conditions surrounding the site which discourages large tour buses, you don’t have to fight your way through large crowds. And Herculaneum being much smaller than Pompeii, you can actually explore the entire site which is virtually impossible to do in Pompeii on limited time.
After lunch, your driver will take you up Mount Vesuvius, the feared pride of Naples and the only active volcano in Europe. At a height of approximately 1,280 meters (4202 ft) this is also the smallest active volcano in the world, but among the most dangerous of them all. Once you reach near the summit you can purchase a ticket that allows you to enter the last segment of the volcano and hike the last 500 meters to the crater. A local official guide will accompany visitors as you near the massive crater left behind after the infamous eruption of 79 AD. You will see lush dense vegetation that thrives on rich volcanic soil, a variety of lava rocks of different colors, and fumes rising out of the crater itself. From the top of Mount Vesuvius on clear days you get a most spectacular view of the Bay of Naples, Pompeii, Capri, and more.
From here, your driver will bring you back to your Rome hotel or the Port of Naples to your ship. Thank you for booking Stefano Rome Tours for your tours and shore excursions. We look forward to seeing you soon in Italy!
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER if you don't receive correspondence from us within 24-48 hours, especially if you use hotmail or msn email accounts.
* The price of this tour includes private deluxe vehicle with an English speaking driver, VAT tax, fuel, insurance, and applicable toll fees.
* The price of this tour does not include entrance fees to the archaeological park of Herculaneum, visit to the top of Mount Vesuvius, lunch, gratuities, or other client personal expenses.
* This tour provides and English speaking Driver who is not a Licensed Tour Guide.
Drivers are not permitted by Italian laws to act as guides and accompany guests to to any places of interest away from the vehicle. Your driver will obliged to remain with the vhicle while you sightsee.
* If you wish to book a private tour guide for your Herculaneum visit, please let us know and we will make the necessary reservations for a local licensed tour guide on your behalf. The fee for a licensed tour guide is 120 Euros for 2 hours, and must be made directly to the guide at the end of their tour service.
* The total price for the tour is per vehicle. Individuals may share the cost of the tour among themselves as you wish.
* If you are pleased with the service you receive from your driver, a minimum of 10% gratuity is customary in Italy and greatly appreciated.
* Payment will be accepted in Euro funds at the end of your journey. You may prepay the tour in advance via PayPal. Please let us know when you book your tour if you wish to prepay and just enjoy yourself on the day of your tour.
We do not accept credit card payments.
* Entry tickets for Herculaneum
are approxmiately 11 Euros per person
, to be purchased on site.
* Entry tickets for Mount Vesuvius
are approximately 6.50 Euros per person
, to be purchased on site.
* Please note that entry ticket prices may change without notice and are not quoted rates above are only an estimation.
* Please allow up to 24-48 hours for email inquiry replies and service confirmation. We have limited office hours on Sundays, please allow for additional time.
We will not ask for your personal credit card information, nor require advance deposits or penalize you for cancellations. We operate on the Honor System;
however, so we kindly ask that all cancellations must be made at least 7 days in advance so we can rebook your service and your reserved driver does not lose work for that day.
Cancellations must be made vie email and confirmed by us so we have it on record. We do not accept cancellations by telephone, text message, or 3rd party.
For more answers to your questions please visit our F.A.Q Page
Select a Tour
For up to 3 people from Rome Hotel
For up to 4 people from Rome Hotel
For up to 6 people from Rome Hotel
For up to 8 people from Rome Hotel
For up to 2 people from Naples Cruise Port
For up to 4 people from Naples Cruise Port
For up to 6 people from Naples Cruise Port
For up to 8 people from Naples Cruise Port